Jun 16, 2009

Bike Repair and even more Circus Cats

I got most of my boat chores out of the way early today so I spent about 4 hours painting in my little studio on the boat. It was a great escape and I got much more done than I even imagined I would.

First off, I fixed the flat tire on my bike painting and added the final details. I think I'm finally finished with it. I'll set it aside for a few weeks so I can look at it with fresh eyes later on:


"Free Parking"
8x10 acrylic on canvas paper

After the bike repair I needed something more entertaining so I started a new "Circus Cats" painting. My first painting with kittens - "Don't worry guys, you'll grow into those noses eventually"...


"Circus Cats in Training"
8x10 acrylic on canvas paper

After the kitten picture I tackled a really big project - not in size but in the level of difficulty. I have not painted many boats or wide landscapes but I found a great picture of a boat washed far ashore after a storm and thought it might make a great painting. Here's the picture the painting is based on:



I'm almost finished with it but I'll let it sit overnight and look it over in the morning for any last minute changes before I post a photo of it.


Twitter DiggIt! StumpleUpon Del.icio.us Technorati Reddit

0 COMMENTS - Click here to leave YOURS!:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin