Aug 1, 2010

Poultry in Motion

Just finished another crazy rooster painting and I can't get the song "Proud Mary" out of my head...

"Rooster Tina Turner" 12 x 12 Acrylic on canvas

Yeah, I know a rooster can't be a girl but when I tried to give the painting another name I looked at the rooster's face and could almost see him bobbing his little head to "Nutbush City Limits". Perhaps this is my first rooster female impersonator - Lady Gaga might be next...





I also updated "Cookie Watch" last night. I took the pot off the stove and put a cookie jar on the counter instead. I also worked on the stove to make it look more like a stove and less like a TV. Finally, I added some blue from the wall to shadows on the floor and cleaned up the chair. I think I'm finished with this one except deciding on a frame for it...

"Cookie Watch" 8 x 8 on canvas panel
Twitter DiggIt! StumpleUpon Del.icio.us Technorati Reddit

1 COMMENTS - Click here to leave YOURS!:

terri reinhart said...

I love your art work! You captured a couple of my favorite things: cookies and poultry. We have our own female rooster impersonator: Josephine, a "golden seabright", is a variety of hen that crows. I'm so glad we have gracious neighbors!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin