Jul 5, 2010

Creatures Great and Small

Along with celebrating the holiday weekend with friends, I took some time off to do my second favorite thing today - paint!

After the tiny boxes painting (see last post) I fell back to my favorite subjects - anything in the animal kingdom!

First I painted a crazy rooster, inspired by something I heard on the radio - a fast food chain out west called "Koo Koo Roos". This was a lot of fun and I think I could do an entire series of crazy roosters.



After that I tried to clean up a doggie potrait that has been sitting around for a while. I found this great image of a dog with a brown and a blue eye. I don't even know what kind of dog he is, do you?


Finally, I went after a new subject I had never tried before - a sea lion. I found an adorable photo in Audobon magazine that looked like a sea lion having a dream. If I were a sea lion I'd be dreaming of fish everywhere...


Tucker my cat is asleep beside me right now - his paws are twitching so I guess he's chasing things in his dreams as well...
Twitter DiggIt! StumpleUpon Del.icio.us Technorati Reddit

0 COMMENTS - Click here to leave YOURS!:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin