Jun 18, 2010

Free Art Supplies?

Playing around with some oil markers the other day, I realized I didn't have any scrap canvas or heavy stock paper I could afford to experiment with.

I went to my garage to snoop around for something to decorate and stumbled on these paint swatches I had picked up at Lowes. At around 3 inches by 3 inches, they make a perfect tiny canvas for testing out ideas for illustrations.

Here's an example of what I created with some textured blue and gray samples:


Next time you're at the hardware store, grab a few tiny canvases for yourself!
Twitter DiggIt! StumpleUpon Del.icio.us Technorati Reddit

1 COMMENTS - Click here to leave YOURS!:

ReneeBuchananArt said...

Gosh Robin, is there anything you HAVEN'T thought of? I have a gazillion of those lying around. I have thought about flattening some little clay canvases and painting on them too. I wonder how that would work?

Blog Widget by LinkWithin