Mar 26, 2010

A week of excitement

Things are always crazy around my house but with the latest project I've taken on things have gone completely wacko! Today myself and a group of civic minded friends and homeowners threw a luncheon for 260 people to give them information about issues and candidates in the hope of 'Getting out the VOTE' this fall. Here's the link to our web site: SandestinVoters

Between politics and a lot of hand shaking I'm still catching and fixing feral cats and have just formed a new partnership with a large Nonprofit which will give use connections and traction in the long run to do some amazing things for animal welfare - Alaqua Animal Refuge.

In spite of all these things, I am managing to take 4 hours off every Wednesday to keep doing what I love. With the help of Steve (instructor and master artist) and the support of friends, my paintings are slowly getting better. Here's my latest robot, his name is 'Scooter'


Scooter is painted with acrylics on a 6inch x 6inch deep gallery stretched canvas. You can't see it in the picture but his little antenna runs off the top of the page and over the edge.


Twitter DiggIt! StumpleUpon Del.icio.us Technorati Reddit

2 COMMENTS - Click here to leave YOURS!:

sassypackrat said...

Oh he's wonderful! You know I love a good robot! Your paintings are amazing and it's been such a treat to watch you progress!

Justabeachkat said...

Wow! I can really "feel" personality in your paintings. So good.

I miss seeing you. I'll be at Lunch Bunch tomorrow. Will you? Hope so.

Hugs!
Kat

Blog Widget by LinkWithin