Nov 18, 2009

A BAD Cold


It's JUST a cold. That's what the doctor said. Ha Ha! A cold is not JUST anything, It's everything! Sniffling, sneezing, itchy eyes, runny nose, couching, and all around feeling of poopiness. I know I'm not the only person suffering from this particular affliction today so I dug up this poem to make me (and you) feel a little better...



This cold is too much for my shortsleeve.
Go get me a Kleenex--and fast.
I sniffle and wheeze
And I'm ready to sneeze
And I don't know how long I can last....

Atchoo--it's to wet for a kleenex,
So bring me handkerchief, quick.
It's--atchoo--no joke,
Now the handkerchief's soaked.
Hey, a dish towel just might do the trick.

Atchoo--it's too much for bath towel.
There never has been such a cold.
I'll be better off
With that big tablecloth,
No--bring me the flag off the pole.

Atchoo--bring the clothes from the closet,
Atchaa--get the sheets from the bed,
The drapes off the window,
The rugs off the floor
To soak up this cold in my head.

Atchoo-- hurry down to the circus
And ask if they'll lend you the tent.
You say they said yes?
Here it comes--Lord be blessed--
Here it is--Ah-kachoooo--there it went.
-Shel Silverstein

Twitter DiggIt! StumpleUpon Del.icio.us Technorati Reddit

2 COMMENTS - Click here to leave YOURS!:

Wags said...

Funny robin! Was the poem for me too???

Anonymous said...

your new name is "rhino robin".it seems you made a lasting memory this trip brat! we haven't sneezed this much in 10 years. momxxx

Blog Widget by LinkWithin