Mar 13, 2009

How-To Friday

I was sorting through my very large bucket of old computer bits the other day and came upon a couple of low capacity Compact Flash cards. Remember when 5MB was a TON of memory?
I found two 8MB Compact Flash cards that originally came with an older digital camera and decided they could be recycled and given a new life. Here's what I came up with (click on each image for a closer view):




Remember - this project may make the card unreadable. Of the two CF cards shown above, one still works and one does not. If the old cards are just sitting in the back of your desk drawer gathering dust, give it a try! What have you got to lose?!?

If you do try this project, upload a picture of it somewhere and leave a link in comments here. I'll show off your handy work on my blog next week!

Twitter DiggIt! StumpleUpon Del.icio.us Technorati Reddit

5 COMMENTS - Click here to leave YOURS!:

sassypackrat said...

That's a great idea! Now I wonder if I have any of those lying around...hmmn.

Audrey said...

OK - you have a much better imagination than I do. Would never think to make something so cool out of computer or camera parts.

Audrey said...

Good morning!! I have an award for you. Please come to my blog to get it!

storybeader said...

very cute! Good way to recycle!

Anonymous said...

Thanks! Cute idea - I was wondering what to do with all those old cards... would be nice gift for a teenager-geek! :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin