Jan 12, 2009

Sock Monkeys - They're Everywhere!


This past Christmas season I was knee deep in gingerbread ornaments. I had the idea that gingerbread should have real lives - you know, careers and personalities... At some point I thought a sock monkey gingerbread ornament sounded good so I made a few for my ETSY shop.

Someone saw that ornament and sent me a message about making a sock monkey coaster. Having never made a sock monkey coaster before I had to try it!



Meet George and Gilbert - the sock monkey coasters! George has "I ♥ Sock Monkeys" on his back and Gilbert has a big red heart. They both have red foam pads on their bellies to keep them from sliding around and work with both hot and cold beverages (even wine!) They will soon go up for adoption in my ArtFire store - stay tuned!

Twitter DiggIt! StumpleUpon Del.icio.us Technorati Reddit

5 COMMENTS - Click here to leave YOURS!:

Start To Finish Supplies said...

Love the sock monkeys! So cute! My mom was just admiring my hillbilly this weekend :)

Bluesaphire said...

oooh great work i love them! i neeeed one ! let me know when these guys go up for grabs he he!! bluesaphire xx

Justabeachkat said...

Love 'em!

Hugs!
Kat

Danelle (Indie Game Lover) said...

Oh my gosh they are so cute!!

PurrPrints said...

Ooo I love these--I may need to get a sock monkey coaster for my sister for her birthday--she has a thing for monkeys, and these are just delightful...

Blog Widget by LinkWithin